1Building LibRaw for PCL Development
4Since version 1.8.8 of PixInsight, LibRaw no longer forms part of the PCL distribution. This is because the authors of LibRaw have made changes to their code distribution that prevent its inclusion as a standard PCL static library.
6To build LibRaw for PCL development, follow these steps:
81. Download LibRaw's source code. We recommend cloning the [https://github.com/LibRaw/LibRaw](official LibRaw GitHub repository) to a directory on your local file system. Let's represent this directory as $LIBRAWDIR.
102. Copy the required Makefile.pcl.xxx file for your platform (where xxx is one of linux, macosx or windows; unfortunately LibRaw cannot be compiled on FreeBSD) to $LIBRAWDIR. These files are available on [https://gitlab.com/pixinsight/PCL/tree/master/src/3rdparty/libraw]($PCLSRCDIR/3rdparty/libraw).
123. Use the appropriate Makefile.pcl.xxx file to build LibRaw. For example:
14$ cd $LIBRAWDIR
15$ make -j -f Makefile.pcl.linux
174. You'll find the LibRaw static library file on the $LIBRAWDIR/lib subdirectory:
19On Linux and macOS: liblibraw_r-pxi.a
20On Windows: libraw_r-pxi.lib
22Copy this file to your $PCLLIBDIR directory.
245. Copy the $LIBRAWDIR/libraw subdirectory to your $PCLINCDIR directory.
26Now you can build the RAW module on your platform.
29###### Copyright (C) 2003-2020 Pleiades Astrophoto